Reem Acra’s Fall 2015 collection made a big impression at New York Fashion Week as modern day Marrie Antoinettes sashayed down the runway. The glamour was in abundance and the textures and embellishments were so rich. This victorian theme was carried over to the model’s whimsical styled hair produced by Didier Malige, Rene Furterer and Atlanta’s own, Soda Salon stylists.
How-To Get The Look:
1. We started the look by creating a lot of texture, using Renee Furterer Volumea spray. We diluted the Volumea Spray by 50% with water, creating a sort of "beach spray", and then applied the spray to the end of the roots.
2. We then created a center part and combed the hair to flatten the top.
3. We created a soft finger wave on each side of the head from the temple to behind the ear by creating a swoop with our fingers & setting the hair in place with Japanese clips.
4. We then softly dried the hair using a blow dryer and diffuser. After that, we used a 3/4 inch curling iron, opening the clamp and wrapping one inch of the sections around just the barrel to give it a natural wave.
5. To finish the look, we removed the Japanese pins to reveal soft finger waves.
Lead Stylist: Didier Malige / Credit for Tips: SODA RUNWAY team member Azita Rezaei
THIS is hot off the NYFW runway, so ladies, you've heard the experts, now try this at home and make your own stylish impressions this weekend!