... by guest blogger Victor Aguiar
It’s simple, “sharp and intimidating,” and incredibly easy. Take a gander at
, and it’s easy to understand AskMen.com's argument in favor of the fashionably bald man. Trying your hand at that slick no-hair look is more than meets the eye. From wardrobe updates like
, fresh out of the GQ handbook, to the method of shaving your head, going bald and looking good takes some preparation. Knowing what shoes to wear with your new 'do—or lack thereof—can be the game changer in your fresh style. If you’re looking to join the ranks of those famously bald celebs above, follow along for some advice on how to shave your head—in addition to five items that belong in your wardrobe as a fashionably bald man.
Getting Rid of the Hair
The shower is your best bet for the location of your shearing. In terms of the razor, choose a high-quality one like
(or something similar), which is designed for exactly this. Long, smooth strokes are the key.
With a three-step process, you’ll be bald in no time:
- You should exfoliate your scalp, in order to avoid rashes. Also, you’ll want to trim your hair down to 1/4 of an inch.
- After applying shaving cream or gel to your scalp, get the razor into position. Hold the razor in your palm, with the blade parallel to your middle finger, when extended.
- Without applying pressure, use long and smooth strokes. Be sure to rinse the razor often under the water. Keep going until you are completely bald. Invest in a shower mirror—if you are indeed in the shower—to take note of how you’re doing.
Once you’re done,
once more with a non-comedogenic cream, which won’t clog your pores or cause irritation.
The Next Steps
Before you start to show off your sleek new look, you might want to update your wardrobe to express your edgy side. In the new age of what makes a well-dressed man, pulling together a
is key. Whether you're in the office or taking in a weekend at the beach, looking sharp and slick shouldn't be taken lightly. Here are some wardrobe staples that are sure to turn some heads.
- Leather Jacket: If you’re going for a look in the spirit of guys like Diesel, you could do much worse than a classic American staple.
- Cashmere V-Neck Sweater: Simple can pay dividends for all men. Keeping it casual and basic always trumps bedazzled jeans and shirts with angels wings on the back.
- The Power Tie: Whether it’s a woven silk tie or a bold color with or without a pattern, you need a go-to power tie. The tie can help you achieve any look you want—whether it’s Diesel or Jordan (the businessman).
- Footwear: Opt for a nice pair of canvas sneakers or boots that can go along nicely with other footwear. Just like your hairstyle, these must-own pieces of footwear are extremely versatile from the office to the court, as well as anywhere else.
- Reversible Leather Belt: Do you need a black or brown belt? It shouldn’t matter, as the belt should be reversible. This will be one decision that you won’t regret, as it offers the most in terms of versatility.