Home, Fashion and Entertaining Trends Embrace Bold, Tropical Hues and Sophisticated Neutrals in 2015
Better Homes and Gardens today revealed its second annual Better Homes and Gardens® Color Palette of the Year in tandem with the magazine’s March Color Issue, hitting newsstands on February 17th. The collection of six colors highlights the most current trends in home and fashion, in hues that complement each other through multiple combinations.
To design the palette, Better Homes and Gardens editors scouted trend forecasts, runway shows, trade show booths, and spoke with color experts at the Color Marketing Group’s International Summit. BHG editors then fine-tuned the tones to offer hues that are modern, lasting, and most importantly, livable. “This year, we’ve built on the success of our first Color Palette of the Year to offer readers new possibilities for freshening up their homes and everyday lives,” says Gayle Butler, Editor-in-Chief, Better Homes and Gardens. “For 2015, our approach is all about optimism and a fresh outlook – adding vibrant pops of color in places where you might least expect them.”
Below is the 2015 Better Homes and Gardens® Color Palette of the Year:
· RAINFOREST GREEN: A show-stopping jewel tone that looks and feels alive/ PARADISE 6720 (SHERWIN-WILLIAMS)
· WARM BLUSH: Romantic in the home and flattering on every skin type /NAÏVE PEACH 6631 (SHERWIN-WILLIAMS)
· SHAPE-SHIFTING CORAL: Like a chameleon – sassy, yet soft / SALMON ROSE 2003-3C (VALSPAR)
· OCEANIC BLUE: Deep and dreamy with a refreshing intensity/ ESSENTIAL TEAL T15-3 (BEHR)
· FRESH BERRY: The perfect kick of color, bursting with life / PANAMA ROSE 1181-7 (PPG)
· SOPHISICATED GRAY: Dripping with drama. Rich, sexy and serene/ STONE’S THROW 28-18 (PRATT & LAMBERT)
To celebrate the launch, Better Homes and Gardens will be revealing the 2015 Color Palette of the Year through a series of Instagram posts using the @BetterHomesandGardens handle. Readers are invited to share ways in which they are incorporating the palette into their lives by using the hashtag #BHGColor and browsing dedicated Instagram accounts for each of this year’s six colors featuring images from BHG blogger favorites. Following the reveal, BHG will host a ‘Week of Color’ beginning March 9, unveiling collaborative Pinterest boards with top lifestyle bloggers, as well as highlighting special color content for readers across all BHG social media platforms and online at bhg.com.