An annual tradition, every Valentine’s Day STK Atlanta gives couples that dine with them house-made chocolate body paint and a paint brush to take home (and play with). Not only will lovebirds get to indulge in a specialty, four-course Valentine’s Day surf and turf menu created by Executive Chef Mark Alba, but they will also leave with house-made chocolate body paint and a paint brush to take home. The delicious and edible recipe was created by Abbie White, The ONE Group’s Corporate Pastry Chef.
STK Atlanta’s Valentine's Day Chocolate Body Paint Recipe:
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 pinch kosher salt
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon (or more) booze, or to taste
1) Put sugar, salt and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Don't stir but wait for the mixture to come to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and watch closely until all of the sugar granules have dissolved. Remove from heat.
2) Add butter and stir with a wire whisk until incorporated.
3) Add cocoa powder, vanilla and booze; Whisk until incorporated.
4) Pour into a small crock, mug or other deep, microwave-save container.
5) Use the paint as soon as it is cooled enough to be comfortable. The hotter the sauce the easier it is to paint with but you don't want to burn your Valentine. If the sauce becomes hard, warm it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and test the temperature again before using.
Naughty & Nice...