RAGTRADE ATLANTA, an award-winning fashion organization devoted to the discovery and promotion of today’s top emerging fashion designers, announced today their 3rd annual RAGTRADE ATLANTA Runway Show, presented by The Lincoln Motor Company, will unveil the organization's first-ever shoppable runway show featuring collections from the current fall/winter 2016 season. The runway show will take place on October 5, 2016 at the Georgia Freight Depot.
As an innovator in the South, the decision from RAGTRADE ATLANTA to align with the newest fashion industry standards of the ‘see-now, buy-now model’ comes from the organization’s goal to provide emerging talent with the ideal platform to showcase their designs to industry professionals and consumers alike. Following the footsteps of top NYFW regulars like Rebecca Minkoff, Tommy Hilfiger and more, RAGTRADE ATLANTA too will offer shoppable runway presentations in order to give designers the opportunity to sell greater volumes without the six month lag time between seasons.
“The industry is evolving and the fashion calendar is changing. It’s our mission for RAGTRADE ATLANTA to give emerging talent the resources they need to showcase their designs to editors, buyers and also the consumer. The ‘see-now, buy-now’ model is the future and, as an innovator, RAGTRADE ATLANTA will align itself to meet the need for our emerging designers,” said Angela Watts, founder of RAGTRADE ATLANTA.
The premier fashion event will include a night of industry-quality runway shows featuring the latest fall/winter 2016 collections from a curated group of designers which include:
- Apoteca - Womenswear designer made in Lithuania
- Cease & Desist - Contemporary menswear designer based in Atlanta, GA
- Natt Taylor - Winner of Belk’s 2015 Southern Designer Showcase; The City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs 2015 Emerging Fashion Designer Grant recipient; RAGTRADE ATLANTA 2014, 2015 featured designer
- Kenya Freeman of Sylvia Mollie – The City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs 2015 Emerging Fashion Designer Grant recipient; RAGTRADE ATLANTA 2015 featured designer
- Onyii (“Own-Yee”) Brown of Onyii & Co. - Contemporary womenswear designer; Martha Stewart American Made 2015 Style Finalist
- William Malcolm Luxe Collection - Bespoke Luxury Menswear created by William Malcolm also known as “The Style Artist”. He is also the design director for William Malcolm Eyewear, Lapel Kandy and Detroit Saddle Company
RAGTRADE ATLANTA will host a week long series of events leading up to and following the premier runway show. The schedule of events will take place as follows:
Sunday, Oct. 2, 2016 | KISS Magazine Party
*Invite Only Event* | Media please RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Oct. 3, 2016 | RAGTRADE ATLANTA Opening Night Party
Red Martini | 3179 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta GA 30305
7pm-9pm Guest and Media please RSVP here.
Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016 | RAGTRADE ATLANTA Private Dinner Sponsored by Le Jeux Champagne
Huff Furniture Store | 3178 Peachtree Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30305
7pm-9pm *Invite Only Event* | Media please RSVP: email@example.com
Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016 | RAGTRADE ATLANTA 2016 Runway Show Presented by The Lincoln Motor Company
Georgia Freight Depot | 33 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr SE, Atlanta, GA 30303
5pm | The Shops @ RAGTRADE ATLANTA
7:30pm | Runway Show
Media please RSVP here.
*Guests please purchase tickets here.
Thursday, Oct. 6, 2016 | MARENIKAE x RAGTRADE ATLANTA Presents West Meets West
AC Hotel Atlanta Buckhead at Phipps Plaza | 3600 Wieuca Rd NE Atlanta, GA
6:30pm | Red Carpet Begins
7:30pm | Conversation Begins Guests and Media please RSVP here.
Additional events will be announced next week.